Monday 19 September 2016

Affordable Fitness - Episode 1

My love for fitness as always had me looking out for new and different activities to take part in, however I’ve noticed that trying to diversify starts to create a hole in one's pocket.

While I enjoy the gym as it offers me the cardio and weight options that I need, I do tend to get a bit bored with similar workout routines and also being indoors all the time.

I think this is especially a JHB issue as we don’t have a beach to run along, or a mountain to hike up that is close by.

So in the early hours of this morning when I couldn’t sleep and my mind was wondering, I felt inspired to scout out activities that provide me with the exercise I need but without breaking the bank.

My first inspiration comes from the free yoga sessions by YogaWorks as I have already been blessed to have experienced these sessions that are both fun and challenging…especially for a yoga beginner such as myself. What makes these sessions so inspiring is not only the deep house set, but the locations they find a different venue for each session drawing on the culture of the Joburg CBD's hidden beauty.


Ponte City, Hillbrow


Constitution Hill


Old JHB Railway Station


Shine Studios Braamfontein


Some of the sessions are charged for depending on the venue but they vary between R100-R200 which is cheaper than buying a scarf these days.

They also offer Yoga-in-the-Park every Saturday (Delta Park) and Sunday (Emmarentia Botanical Gardens) which costs R100 per session or R250 for a whole month. I don’t know about you but that's still cheaper than a single dinner outing.

Whether you are an experienced Yogi or just starting out, these sessions leave you feeling fit, healthy and inspired.

Have a fit and fabulous day xox

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment