Sunday 2 October 2016

Affordable Fitness - Episode 3

As I continue to experience what JHB has to offer...and yes I have lived here my whole life...but isn't it true how often we've explored the world but not our own backyard?

This morning I ventured to Westcliff to take on the hidden stairs. Thanks to Waze I managed to find the entrance, however to be honest if it wasn't for all the active-looking people hanging around I still probably would have driven past.

So I started at the top but you can access the stairs from both ends, but the view is beautiful over the tree-lined JHB skyline.

 

I started down the stairs and they were bustling with people of all ages, races, and fitnesses, it was fantastic to see. Just shows you that no matter how different we all think we are for this moment this morning we all had something in common...and that was shortness of breathe and burning legs 😀

The stairs do not feel so bad at first and I thought I may have wasted a trip...well that feeling didn't last long! Trekking up the steps is deceivingly tough but great to be in the outdoors and enjoying fitness with other like-minded people.

 

I managed the stairs up and down 5 times and then decided to pack it in for the morning. I overheard a lady saying that her friend does Iron Man and she runs up and down the stairs 11 times, so my inner competitiveness has kicked in and I'll be back!

 

Completely free and different, so do yourself a favor and give it a try. No matter what your fitness level you can take part in this activity.

Have a fit and fabulous day!

Carla

xox
 

No comments:

Post a Comment