Sunday 18 June 2017

Affordable Fitness - Episode 4

Thanks to the fabulous blog from Fabufit I went off to experience my first Nike speed session.

I tried the week before and due to student protests the event had to be cancelled unfortunately, so this week I headed off to Braamfontein. If I'm completely honest I got so lost and was pretty much at my wits end when I saw the NRC gazebo. 

You know when you're at that point where you give yourself an ultimatum...if I don't find this place now I'm going home!

I managed to find parking and another lady who looked just as flustered as me and we headed off together to registration. 

The pacers were so helpful and made us feel right at home. We were allocated into 4 groups depending on your fitness level which is great...nothing worse than holding up the pack. I opted for the bottom group as I haven't run in a pretty long time...however the down side of knowing some of the pacers is that she made me go into the group above! Lol!

They even had a bag/key drop so you could safely store your belongings while on the run which I loved.

We started off with a good stretch and then were split into our groups to head off into Braamfontein for some hill training.

I must say running past Neighbourgoods market full of patrons drinking wine and eating delicious burgers was tough...but I kind of felt a weird sense of superiority...me and these other committed individuals had chosen fitness over social life tonight...I was proud of us!

We did our hill training (yes in the group above the one I'd chosen) and was pleasantly surprised to feel fitter than I thought I was, but everyone was so motivating to each other and it was just an awesome vibe. Water and tissues were organised at every stop point which were much appreciated...and used...which was impresssive for a free event.

I had a great time and a great workout, I'll definitely be back as well as trying out the Nike Training App.

A runner or not this is a good night out!

See you at the next one...

Carla xox

Have a fit & fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment